Slot Type Photoelectric Sensor Introduction:
- The slot type photoelectric sensor G115 is a U shape thru beam sensor, it uses infrared rays to detect the presence or absence of an object. The object can be fabric, rope and so on. This G115 sensor is specially designed for textile machine as a Edge-Correcting Sensor.
- The slot gap width is 25mm, thus it can sense object thickness less than 25mm.
- The housing is made of high strength iron material, making it use at least 2 years without a problem.
- G115 sensor has IP54 protection ratings, reverse polarity and short circuit protection.
- This slot type photoelectric sensor can be used with a JDM11-6H 6 digits counter to count numbers, or to correct the deviation.
- One thing to notice is that we shall use it in an environment without steam, dust and oil, because they can affect the light between its emitter and receiver.
- Its output can be PNP, NPN, NO, NC 3-wire, or NO+NC 4-wire, you can see its more information in the specifications table below.
- Working voltage is as wide as 10-30VDC, any voltage between this range can operate this G115 sensor.
1.Can this Slot Type Photoelectric Sensor detect transparent objects like glass sheet etc?
As the photoelectric switches use infrared rays to detect materials, so if the object is made of transparent material, the light will pass through it, the sensor will not work normally. Thus, we can’t use this sensor to detect transparent targets. But we can use capacitive sensor to detect transparent targets.
2.What is the slot type photoelectric sensor?
The slot photoelectric sensor is named based on its U shape appearance, it is a through-beam photoelectric sensor, the light projector and receiver locate in this U shape gap, and this gap is the detection area. Slot-type photoelectric sensors are commonly used in industrial automation and manufacturing processes for applications such as speed measurement, textile industry, printing industry, label manufacturing and cutting length control in cutting machine and so on.