M18 Photoelectric Sensor Introduction:
- This M18 Photoelectric Sensor by Lorentzzi is a cylindrical M18 threaded proximity sensor that uses infrared light to detect any type of object without touching them.
- M18 photoelectric sensors are divided into three types according to their working principles: diffuse reflection type, retro-reflective type and through-beam type. Different types of photoelectric sensors have different sensing distances.
- For the diffuse reflective M18 photoelectric sensor, the detection distance is 10.0 mm, and for the retroreflective photoelectric sensor, the detection distance is 2 meters, but a reflective plate is required as the detection point. As for the through-beam type, its transmitter and receiver parts are separated, which makes its sensing distance up to 5 meters.
- Additionally, 3-wire PNP, NPN or 2-wire AC outputs are available. So, there are 24 types of this sensor to choose from and you can check out the spec sheet below to choose the right one.
- Applications of this M18 photoelectric sensor include fabric industry, object quantity counting, robots, anti-theft and other occasions